Celebrate your wedding, love and lives together
with natural, fun and sincere wedding photos.
All the good feels – captured!
Your wedding day is coming up! Congratulations!
It’s a season of celebration – he popped The Question, you said The Yes, and ever since, life’s been a jumble of excitement, playing with your ring (again) and snippets of wedding dreams coming up in your mind.
You’re planning and crafting your very own wedding! A day to vow your lives to each other, to declare your unity and how much you love each other, gét each other, enjoy life with each other, both ups and downs. Family and friends sharing in your love and happiness, enjoying every minute of this day with you. The venue and decor details, to the fairy tale dress, to favourite songs playing late into the night – the day speaks of you and Liefie. A day of moment-to-moment love, laughter, jokes and special little things to drink in and enjoy. It’s a personal festival of all that you are together, your journey ’til now, all that you’re going to be – the first day of a big and exciting new chapter in your lives!
And here you are: looking for a wedding photographer to capture all that special.
You’d like light, easy and ‘real’ photos of your story, photos capturing everything from the details you’re spending so much time selecting, the big moments of rings and kisses and toasts, to the small special moments of friendship and love between you and your friends and family. Spontaneous, candid photos, without feeling awkward, no rush, no stress. Beautiful photos to liven up your walls and life after your ‘I do’s’. A photographer that géts you, expects the unique little details of yóúr story, that’s excited with you – and if they can even help you get the most of this day while you’re still planning it, bonus!
If that’s what you’re looking for – you might be in the right place! So let’s see some photos… (Click on any photo to view them nice and big in a carousel.)
If you like what you see and these photos stir up big human feelings inside – great! Find out more about me and my way of getting ready for your wedding next.
So who’ll be behind the camera?
That’ll be me, Marlise. Happily married for almost 8 years! It’s one of God’s greatest blessings on my life – living life in unity with my dearest hubby, Jano. And I’m excited that you’re about to do that too!
I believe in celebrating being together, who we are together, and being truly thankful for having each other. I deeply value relationships and sharing loads of quality time with the people of your heart. And – capturing this in sincere, meaningful photos!
Full time wedding photographer since 2012, it’s been a blessed journey of connecting to many strangers-turned-friends, sharing in heartfelt love and wedding stories, creating art for homes-in-the-making, and preserving dear memories for many dear hearts!
Getting to your wedding day
As you’re putting your wedding together, I want to get to know YOU, befóre capturing your precious day.
What fav’s do you share? The story that got you to ‘I do’? What makes you tick? Do you like spending time outside? Hiking trails? Playing squash, tennis? Video gaming? Working out? Hanging out around town? At home, rather? And you know the way he plays with your hair… or you always do that little thing with your hands? Or his silly teasy smile that makes you laugh but drives you nuts? Thooose things. Also, tell me the special details you’re planning for YOUR day – the things your friends are going to say ‘that’s so youuu!’. Let me capture these little touches and moments and details to make you smile for years to come!
And besides getting to know you, let me help you along the (sometimes overwhelming) way of planning your big day – ‘cause you’re probably doing something like this for the first time, right..? I’ve been there too! And sometimes one can do with a bit of advice. By now I’ve shared in quite a few of these once-in-a-lifetime days – you’re welcome to tap into my experience!
- Not sure how to put together a wedding day timeline, what should happen when?
- Ohhh photos.. never know how to pose, and Liefie pretty much hates being photographed…?
- Want to make sure your guests enjoy every moment of your wedding – even the while you’re gone to take photos?
- Need recommendations for other wedding vendors you still need for your wedding team?
- Also, I even have tips on things you can do to help us take awesome photos!
I’m here to help you with these and much more.
Sound good? Then let’s go on to the products and packages!
Wedding Products & Services
All packages include:
- an engagement session – a special afternoon of you enjoying each other’s company, hugs, kisses and cuddles. I’ll send over a quick questionnaire to get to know the things that make you YOU, and put together this session. Bonus: You’ll have pretty pictures to use for your save-the-dates, invitations, guest book or however you like!
- wedding coverage, (all day or only the parts you choose – your pick!) we’re there to capture the getting ready, decor, ceremony, groups, bridal photos and reception, including special night-time photos of you two.
- your stunning photos on a beautiful wooden USB drive, all professionally edited with great love and care. You’ll receive 3 versions of your photos: a copy ready for printing, a copy for using digitally (like wallpapers and profile pictures) and a copy ready to share on social media.
You can also expect this goodness:
- face-to-face planning time – give me all the details!
- 24-hour assistance (no not quite like road-side assistance… but whatsapp or email me whenever that ‘thing’ pops up in your mind and I’ll answer to it as soon as I can!)
- tips & advice planning your engagement session, your wedding day program, lighting, ideas to entertain your guests, and and and. I’ll share all the best tips and tricks I know!
And these can be added to your package!
- a fun photo booth for your wedding reception – this one’s always a winner! The best way to capture fun and personal photos of your guests. Silly props, friends sticking out tongues and big family hugs – it’s another feature at your wedding, great entertainment for everybody from your 3-year-old niece to GramPa with his cane.
- a guest book of your engagement photos and guest messages of blessing and congratulation, carefully designed to the style and feel of your wedding. Let your guests enjoy your beautiful engagement photos and share in more of your story – and not struggle with ‘I don’t know what to say..’, every spread has a cute question or prompt for a sincere personal message!
- and of course: beautiful, one of a kind wedding albums to tell your wonderful wedding story again and again, years after the day has passed. Choose a cover that seamlessly fits the style of your wedding: a fine natural wood cover, bamboo or a stunning photo of the two of you. Your photos are carefully laid out to look their very best and you get to make sure you’re happy with every little detail of your album before it gets printed. For many years to come, you’ll be paging through your album with a sweet smile over and over and over!
Some questions you may have
- What area do you service? Do you have travel fees?
Most weddings I photograph are in and around Potchefstroom and neighbouring towns like Klerksdorp, Parys, Ventersdorp and Carletonville.
I do love to travel of course, no wedding is too far! I’ve photographed wedding days in various provinces in South Africa, and I’ve got my documents ready to travel internationally as well.
My packages include a 50 km round-trip, thereafter travel may be charged at R5/km. For weddings further than an hour’s drive, we’ll need a bed and some breakfast for two for the night of the wedding.
For weddings further than 2 hours’ drive, we’d like to stay over the night before the wedding as well – to be fresh and early on your wedding day, with no worries about flat tyres or travel issues!
- Could you hold open our date for a little bit?
As I receive many enquiries for the same dates, unfortunately I can’t pencil in dates. Once we’ve met up to chat about your wedding though, I do give you first option to book for 7 days after our meeting.
Also note that I only book 15 weddings a year, to make sure I spend the time and attention on you that you deserve!
- We’d love to book you – what are our next steps?
Let me know! You can use the contact form below, or contact me by any other means you prefer! I’ll send you a quick reply with my availability and a bit more info.
Next I’d like to meet you and discuss your wedding plans, package and some more details – we could either meet up for coffee at my studio, or if that’s difficult for you, let’s have a video call (and still do coffee!).
Finally, we all sign the wedding photography agreement, and your 50% deposit confirms your booking! Well done – ‘book photographer’ can be crossed of your to do list!
- When should we pay the remaining balance?
The remainder of your package is due one week prior to your wedding day. You are welcome to discuss alternative arrangements if you’d like to.
I picture you two, in 10 years’ time, cuddling on your couch in the beautiful home you created together, candle light flickering joyously on your wine glasses. You’re looking at your wedding photos for the bazillionth time,
this wonderful first day of your ‘happily ever after’!
Thank you for your interest in my work! I’m excited to hear from you, chat about your wonderful wedding day,
and celebrate this very special time with you!